We are and always will be a small independent business.
Our store is at the heart of the Stalybridge community and we have close relationships with our lovely customers, employees and suppliers. In return they have helped us evolve into what we are today; the largest independent gift, handbag and accessory store in the area.
We are aware of the way we work and the impact our business has, both near and far. Our Environmental policy sets out our approach to corporate social responsibility, reflecting how we want our business to operate; fairly, responsibly and sustainably. We work hard to make sure that what we do is right – not just for us, but also for the people we work with and our local Stalybridge community.
We are committed to proactively looking at ways to reduce our environmental impact. Ros is our Eco Magpie and is always looking at ways we can reduce, reuse and recycle in all areas of our business. We have made some changes already and have more plans for green change in the pipeline.
- All cardboard & paper waste is recycled, this year we have recycled 580kg of cardboard. Taking our running total to 2340 kg of waste we have recycled.
- We reuse packaging where we can.
- Tins, glass, & plastic bottles are recycled
- We NEVER have and NEVER will use plastic bags. Our paper bags are easily recyclable and biodegradable.
- 70% of our lighting has been switched over to LED, this is more efficient than a standard fluorescent bulb.
- Our lighting is motion sensored, so when there is no one in the shop the lights are not on.
- Our company vehicle isn’t right fancy, its a micro van, which only has a 600 cc petrol engine so its a lot kinder to the environment that a diesel van.
If you have any suggestions we could look at for improving our Environmental impact please drop Ros a line at firstname.lastname@example.org mark the email FAO ROS (Ros only works a couple of days a week, so please be patient 🙂
Charity & Community
At Magpie’s Nest we have a great history of supporting our local community and have established a number of partnerships and friendships over the years with a variety of charities.
Our support for charity ranges from fundraising to selling products that raise money on behalf of charities. Supporting our local community in this way is important to us and we are constantly striving to achieve even more. Helen is our lead magpie for community engagement and is always looking for ways we can become more involved in our local community. You can drop Helen an email if you have a project you’d like us to get involved with locally. Info@magpiesnest.co.uk mark the email FAO Helen.
Did you know…
We raised £246.09 for Willow Wood Hospice through our Easter Raffle. Thank you again to our wonderful customers who get behind our fundraising efforts:)
We recently collected approximately 60 scarves at our Spring / Summer Scarf evening and were able to donate these to the local women’s refuge.