We are aware of the way we work and the impact our business has, both near and far. Our Environmental policy sets out our approach to corporate social responsibility, reflecting how we want our business to operate; fairly, responsibly and sustainably. We work hard to make sure that what we do is right – not just for us, but also for the people we work with and our local Stalybridge community.
We are committed to proactively looking at ways to reduce our environmental impact. Ros is our Eco Magpie and is always looking at ways we can reduce, reuse and recycle in all areas of our business. We have made some changes already and have more plans for green change in the pipeline.
- All cardboard & paper waste is recycled, this year we have recycled 250kg of cardboard. Taking our running total to 3450 kg of waste we have recycled.
- We reuse packaging where we can.
- Tins, glass, & plastic bottles are recycled
- We NEVER have and NEVER will use plastic bags. Our paper bags are easily recyclable and biodegradable.
- 85% of our lighting has been switched over to LED, this is more efficient than a standard fluorescent bulb.
- Our lighting is motion sensored, so when there is no one in the shop the lights are not on.
- Our company vehicle isn’t right fancy, its a micro van, which only has a 600 cc petrol engine so its a lot kinder to the environment that a diesel van.
If you have any suggestions we could look at for improving our Environmental impact please drop Ros a line at firstname.lastname@example.org mark the email FAO ROS (Ros only works a couple of days a week, so please be patient 🙂